Conventional complete dry food
- Conventional dry dog food is usually mainly made from plant-based raw materials and a small proportion of meat meal – and not fresh meat. The residual moisture level at 8 % is significantly lower than it is with PLATINUM.
- Production generally takes place in the extruder. First of all the ingredients are mixed with water. This mash is heated to a high temperature and compressed into croquettes under strong pressure.
- Each individual croquette is enveloped in a layer which needs to be opened first. As a result of the duration of this process the food stays for a long time in the stomach.
Whereas conventional dry food swells up in the stomach as it absorbs a lot of fluid. The amount of time it stays in the stomach and intestine is also frequently considerably longer.
PLATINUM takes a very different approach
Since PLATINUM is cooked in its own meat juices and is dried at room temperature, it has a higher moisture content than traditional dry food. With 19 % residual moisture, purely consisting of meat juices, PLATINUM is anything but dry. That makes an important contribution to the taste experience. Our customers even say that PLATINUM is the juicy dry food.
We use at least 70 % fresh meat for the preparation. Furthermore we add other easily digestible ingredients such as rice, corn and / or potatoes and high-quality cold-pressed oils, herbs, vitamins and minerals.
And: we are the only manufacturer to cook these ingredients in their own juices, without adding water, to preserve their nutritional value. That’s how PLATINUM maintains its high quality.
PLATINUM doesn’t swell in the stomach – this significantly reduces the risk of twisted stomach!
With PLATINUM dry dog food, the composition, the high proportion of fresh meat, the high-quality ingredients and the preparation are all key to ensuring that the food neither swells nor cooks in the stomach. The pieces of food are soft and compact – and have a high nutritional value. This is why the amount that your dog needs is significantly lower than he would need if he was eating conventional dry food. This means that: The stomach is put under less strain and empties itself quicker.
Whereas conventional dry food swells up in the stomach as it absorbs a lot of fluid. The amount of time it stays in the stomach and intestine is also frequently considerably longer. Three factors are responsible for this:
- It is usually mainly made from plant-based raw materials and a small proportion of meat meal.
- The production generally takes place in the extruder.
- Each individual croquette is enveloped in a layer of starch.
You will see the difference: After feeding, your dog’s stomach won’t get bloated – it won’t have a ‘dog food belly’.
This significantly reduces the risk of twisted stomach – particularly when the stomach is full. The essential resting period after eating can therefore be significantly shorter.
This is what constitutes the difference between PLATINUM and conventional dry food:
- PLATINUM doesn’t swell in the stomach, doesn’t bloat and doesn’t cook
- The passage through the stomach and intestine is significantly shortened
- Nutrients are quickly absorbed by the intestine
The PLATINUM benefits
A happy and healthy life
You will notice these benefits just a few weeks after you start feeding your dog with PLATINUM:
- A happier life
The ease of digestion takes care of this – the liver, kidneys and skin are not put under strain by ingredients that are of no benefit.
- Greater muscle mass
The high-quality proteins from the fresh meat immediately stimulate muscle building.
- A shiny coat
The nourishing, cold-pressed oils contained in the food and the purity of our ingredients take care of this.
- No intolerances or allergies
PLATINUM is digested so easily because of its natural, healthy composition that intolerance is very rare. The metabolism is not put under strain by denatured ingredients that can cause inexplicable itching or other skin problems.
- Less “output”
As PLATINUM food is used optimally by the body, the dog has neither wind nor diarrhoea. Even the “little presents” they leave behind are very small and firm.
Since mites in the food can be responsible for allergies (inexplicable itching), we make completely sure that PLATINUM is free from mites. Unlike traditional dry food, PLATINUM is put into high-quality pouches immediately after the manufacturing process and is not stored temporarily in silos. Mites stand absolutely no chance here.
PLATINUM dry dog food
The strong keep-fresh pouch ensures that the aroma is always preserved so that your dog enjoys the food from the first bite to the last. The pouches are available in 1.5 kg and 5 kg sizes; orders for larger amounts than this consist of multiple 5 kg pouches.
The dry dog food is durable for 18 month after production.